These cookies are so incredibly easy; with only 4 ingredients and about 15 minutes there is no way to go wrong! I love how chewy and sweet they are. They are perfect for a potluck, a bake sale or just a quick dessert. Y’all know how much I love a partially homemade recipe. My Vegan Pumpkin Spice Cake with Maple Cinnamon Frosting and the Two-Ingredient Brownies are among the most popular recipes on the blog!
I originally made these in red velvet for Valentine’s Day gifts but after Valentine’s Day why do the sweets have to end? I made these again in lemon so that I wouldn’t splurge on those delicious lemon Girl Scout cookies (accidentally vegan but $4 a box ) These cookies are so much less expensive and your house smells like cookies while they’re baking. Plus the options are endless for flavors! Any flavor box of vegan cake mix should work well!
Definitely give these a try!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Bake Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 Minutes
1 box of accidentally vegan cake mix
2 flax or chia eggs (See below)
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1-2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make your chia or flax eggs and set aside (Mix 2 tbsp of chia or flax seeds with 5 tbsp of water).
- Mix together the box of cake mix with the oil and the vegan egg once it is a gel like consistency. The dough will be thick so this might be a bit of an arm workout! I used my stand mixer to help. If the dough is very dry try adding a tablespoon of water to help mix.
- In a small bowl add 1 cup of powdered sugar to start ( Add more as needed). Scoop about 1 tablespoon sized balls of dough and cover well in powered sugar.
- Place balls on a silicone mat lined baking sheet Use a glass or your hands to press down slightly. Place cookies 1-2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until very slightly golden along the edges. They will still be soft coming out of the oven. (if using parchment paper or an unlined baking pan may need to adjust baking time down Closer to 8-10 minutes)
- This recipe makes about 20-25 cookies, mostly depending on the box cake mix and how much dough you eat. Let cool on baking sheet. Enjoy!
This is based on a Tasty Recipe.
Let me know what you think and if you give these cookies a try!