This was the first (of many) recipes I made during quarantine. I purchased items to make my a double chocolate chip version of 15-minute Vegan Cookies. But after being home for a few weeks and making lots of other cookie recipes (stay tuned!), I wanted to try some brownies. This recipe is easy, delicious and oh so chocolaty. I’m only kinda ashamed of how many of these I ate!
- 1, 15 oz chocolate cake mix box
- ⅓ cup nondairy milk
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 flax egg (1 tbs ground flaxseed and 2.5 tbs water)
- 1.5 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Oil an 8×8 inch pan. Prepare flax egg and wait 2-3 minutes until it becomes gelatinous.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix and 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- To the mix add the nondairy milk, oil, and flax egg. Combine until just mixed.
- Spread the brownie batter in the prepared pan.
- Add the remaining chocolate chips to the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
- Let cool before cutting and serving.
Let me know what you think and if you give this recipe a try!