This vegan tikka masala is so easy and full of flavor. Just dump in your slow cooker and go. Ive made it several times this fall/winter because it is so hearty and warming.
I love my Crock-Pot. It is seriously amazing and if I could cook everything in it I would. I actually own two but was nice enough to let my baby sister take it with her to college. When she graduates this spring, I’m getting it back.
There’s something magical about dumping everything in the Crock-Pot walking away from it (or going to work!) and coming back to the aroma of delicious food ready for you to eat.
Curry spices are notorious for being a bit on the expensive side so consider this an investment in your spice cabinet. Most of these spices you can use again in other dishes like other curries or chili. The others will last a long time so you can make this dish over and over!
4 cloves of garlic minced
2 tablespoons of grated ginger (or use 1 tablespoon ground ginger)
1 (29 oz) can of tomato sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon garam masala
2 tablespoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons ground coriander
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼-½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (according to how hot you like it!)
½ teaspoon black pepper
2 bay leaves
1-2 medium to large sweet potatoes cubed (Sub carrots or butternut squash!)
1 can of chickpeas drained and rinsed
2 cups of kale or 1 cup of frozen spinach
½ cup of corn
Salt to taste
1 can of full fat coconut milk
2 tablespoons corn starch
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
Prep Time 10 Minutes
Cook time 4-8 Hours
- Add all of the ingredients (except the coconut milk, cornstarch and lemon juice) to the slow cooker. Mix everything well.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 until sweet potatoes are tender.
- In a separate small bowl, add the can of coconut milk and cornstarch. Mix well.
- Add coconut mixture into the slow cooker and allow to cook an additional 20 minutes until thick.
- Once thickened, mix in lemon juice.
- Serve warm over rice!
Let me know if you give this a try!