This is the easiest quickest french fry/potato wedge recipe ever and of course it’s vegan!
I love having french fries as a snack or as a side to a large salad or burger. It’s easy to make in large batches to share with friends and you can have any seasoning and dipping sauces that you’d like.
The secret to these french fries is having a silicone mat. I tried making them on a bare baking sheet and I tried with aluminum foil and I burned them on several attempts. With the silicone baking mats they come out perfectly golden brown and crispy each time.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Potatoes! Any kind and any amount
Seasoning of your choice to taste (garlic powder and salt is a great place to start)
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cut your potato into wedges. I usually cut my potato in half lengthwise and the halves into quarters lengthwise.
3. Place fries into a bowl (or Tupperware with lid!) season to taste. I like to place them in a Tupperware with a lid and shake for full seasoning coverage.
4. Place fries on silicone baking sheet keep separated so they crisp up. If they are too close they will steam.
5. Bake for 30 minutes flipping halfway.
6. Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce(s). My favorites are barbecue, sriracha and mustard.
*parchment paper may work just as well but I haven’t tried it and the silicone mats are reusable!
Let me know if you try this recipe and what you think!!